Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
2022 Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Recycling Day
- Household Hazardous Waste Day Flyer
- Latex Paint Informational Flyer
- Included Communities: Towns of Bow and Dunbarton
- Date: October 15, 2022
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Department of Public Works, 12 Robinson Road, Bow, NH 03304
Electronics Recycling NoticeWe will again have a company collecting electronics and computer related items for a modest fee. Cash or check only. VIEW FEE SCHEDULE (PDF).
If you need clarification regarding what will be accepted, or you can call 223-3910 or email the committee.
For non-hazardous waste item recycling or other waste issues, view the A-Z Recycling Guide (PDF) or visit the Concord Transfer Station website for further instructions and information.
For no additional charge or fee, you may bring:
- Automotive items:
- Auto batteries
- Brake, transmission and power steering fluid
- Used motor oil
- Rechargeable and Nickel-Cadmium (NiCad) batteries
- Other batteries containing heavy metals
- Alkaline Batteries (these may also go in the trash)
- Air fresheners
- Drain and oven cleaners
- Metal polishers
- Rug and upholstery cleaners
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs:
- Bulbs are accepted at Hazardous Waste Day and, if intact, year-round at Home Depot and Ace Hardware.
- If broken, contain the bulb in a lidded glass jar and store in nonliving area (such as a garage) until hazardous waste day.
- Electronics (fees apply):
- All computer components
- Cellular and regular telephones
- Televisions and other electronics (VCRs, DVD players, etc.)
- Mercury Thermometers and Thermostats
- Paints and solvents:
- Furniture strippers
- Oil paint lacquer
- Paint removers
- Stains, and other finishes
- Pesticides/Insecticides for pets, pests, yards and gardens
- Sneakers for recycling into playground surfaces. Any brand, but no metal parts, please
- Driveway sealer
- Household chemicals (e.g., toxic glues)
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Asbestos products
- Building materials and air conditioners (bring to Concord Transfer Station)
- Latex paint (place in regular curbside trash, paint must be dry and solid (can use kitty litter, sand, commercial products etc. to solidify)
- Prescription drugs (accepted at Bow Safety Center, Concord Police or CVS on Hall Street)
- Prescription drugs
- Radioactive wastes
- Printer Cartridge (bring to Staples or Best Buy)