How do I appeal my assessment?

Any Taxpayer has the opportunity to file an Abatement Application with the municipality starting from the receipt of the final tax bill (usually in November) until March 1st of the following year. The town will respond by July 1st. To make your case, it's important to provide more than a simple statement that your property's value is too high. Collect information on similar properties in your neighborhood, consult with a real estate broker, or use the sales record book in our Assessing Office.

You can find Abatement application forms in the Assessing Office, or visit the Board of Tax and Land Appeals website, where you can locate the Municipal Abatement Form in the Property Tax Forms section. Please note that the Town of Bow doesn't require Inventory Blanks, so mark N/A for that question on page 1 of the application form.

It's crucial to remember that applying for a property tax abatement doesn't mean you should delay paying your taxes. Pay your taxes as assessed by the deadline on your tax bill to avoid interest charges. If an abatement is granted, a refund with interest will be issued. For more details, you can visit the Board of Tax and Land Appeals website. We appreciate your cooperation!

Board of Tax and Land Appeals website.

Show All Answers

1. How do I appeal my assessment?
2. What if I think that my taxes are too high?
3. What if I think my assessment is too high?